Blindfolded Chess!

Video of practicing blindfolded chess: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MDJJ5rgGVUB20OdnOxls-UGLo7fq2RHX/view?usp=sharing

I knew that learning how to play chess blindfolded was going to be incredibly difficult, but I was still surprised when I played my first blindfolded match. My original plan was to learn how to play a full game of chess blindfolded, but I couldn’t even finish my first game because of how hard it turned out to be.

My new plan is to split the chess game into 3 groups, the opening, the middlegame, and the endgame. This week I worked on the opening.

If you watched the video, you know I absolutely sucked at blindfolded chess. I would have to look at the board every 4 moves, but I knew the only way I would be able to get better is practice. I failed and failed and failed, but I could feel myself slowly getting better.

Finally, I decided to contact my expert, Gotham Chess, one of the biggest chess YouTubers ever.

Next week I am using the free trial to get chess premium to practice puzzle and do lessons. See you next week!