Middle Game Blindfolded

on

Video of blindfolded chess: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mLT5FgC8rpY6C3jqPXhfjRJOqpprOGr1/view?usp=sharing

Last week I went to Bandcamp for 3 days and then got sick for the other 2 days. I missed a week of school and a week of chess. I tried playing blindfolded chess while sick, but my brain couldn’t function.

This week I practiced my middle game blindfolded. If you watch the video you know that I won my first-ever match blindfolded match. I was surprised that in just 3 weeks I was able to win my first match. Even though I won, I still have lots of work to do. My expert never contacted Anthony or me back so we have to figure something else out. I also took a total of 4 looks at the board, and I want to bring that number down as low as I can. Finally, I need to practice playing with the black pieces. Since the black pieces have different coordinates than the white pieces, I have to figure those out.

Playing blindfolded chess is a lot harder than it looks. Having to remember where every one of your pieces is hurt your brain. Obviously, It’s going to take a lot longer than 3 months to master it.

My plan at the start has definitely changed. I have to find a different expert. I also didn’t realize that I was going to have to split the blindfolded chess games into 3 categories (opening, middlegame, and endgame). I still plan to play a blindfolded match against Anthony for our final presentation.

See you next week!