The Visit

Video of talking to my expert: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1weHDXj7iF3BwYKRI0xY1NFyhr3DZs6AL/view?usp=sharing

Last week, I contacted a bubble tea store called “Presotea” and this week and I am going to Presotea to talk to my expert.

I was incredibly nervous to talk to a stranger, but I had all my questions ready and I knew that everything was going to be fine.

My experience of talking to an expert is in the video above.

Here are the answers that I got from Bella (Presotea manager):

Q1: How much milk do you add in your bubble tea?

A1: 100ml with ice/120ml without ice.

Q2: Where do you get your brown sugar syrup from?

A2: They buy big boxes filled with many packets of brown sugar syrup. I make my brown sugar syrup so this didn’t help my much.

Q3: Are there any techniques you use to improve the presentation of the brown sugar milk tea ?

A3: They spread the brown sugar syrup around the sides of the cup to give it a striped tiger look.

Q4: What do you do to create the drink as fast as possible?

A4: Make sure you have everything set up and ready to go. Practice.

Q5: What kind of tea do you use and how much?

A5: They use ceylon black tea and they use 200ml of it.

When I came out of the shop with all my answers I was thrilled. With all these answers and tips, I was super excited to make the brown sugar milk tea again.

If I can master brown sugar milk tea next week, I will be able to move onto my last food, tempura. If I don’t I will have less time to master tempura, but that just means more work, which is fine. My original plan was to buy kits for every food/drink I’m making, but I think that I have been doing significantly well without them. My new plan is that I’m going to master brown sugar milk tea and then try my best to master tempura. My final meal will be shrimp dumplings, brown sugar milk tea, and tempura.